Educators are invited to work on “Artscape” Creative Missions
Open call for educators to work on “Artscape” Creative Missions
“Artscape” is a 10 year old non-governmental organisation based in Vilnius, Lithuania. We initiate and implement artistic, social and educational projects that contribute to increasing the accessibility of art and culture, thus creating social change. We achieve our mission through three programmes: artistic production, competence development, integration and cultural education.
About the position
“Artscape” Arts Agency announces an open call for artists, educators of theatre and movement/dance activities in Vilnius, Kaunas, and the territories around these cities. We are looking for cultural educators for creative and movement-sensory activities with people living in migrant detention facilities, temporary accommodation and foreigners registration centres. Art, theatre and sensory-movement educators are invited to work in Artscape’s team of educators and volunteers. We invite you to develop classes and workshops for children, young people and women, creating important links between artistic practices and people living in migrant centres.
- Planning educational activities according to the needs of the selected group;
- Conducting and implementing various activities adapted to the needs of the group;
- Preparation of the activity space without working tools, maintenance of order;
- Emotional support, reinforcement;
- Recording of sessions, monitoring of change;
- Attending professional development meetings.
- Critical thinking;
- Ability to communicate clearly;
- Smooth organisation of work;
- Creative thinking;
- Effective time management;
- Ability to remain calm in conflict situations;
- Knowledge of Russian would be a great advantage.
- Experience in leading educational activities for children or adults is an advantage;
- Experience of working with people from vulnerable groups is an advantage;
“Artscape” creates an organizational culture where team members can develop competencies, be flexible, organize their work independently and contribute to the mission of the organization through intrinsic motivation, excellent teamwork and values shared within the organization. We are looking for an open-minded colleague who will contribute to creating an effective working atmosphere, has leadership skills and can plan workflows independently and meet targets on time.
Remuneration and nature of work
“Artscape offers a flexible working schedule, allowing the Educator to integrate the new activity alongside other individual activities or part-time commitments. The educator will have the freedom to choose how to apply his/her exceptional skills and knowledge to Artscape’s creative missions. All members of the team of educators and volunteers have the opportunity to develop professionally, to share their experiences and to attend skill-building meetings. Educators are paid EUR 80 per session. “Artscape” offers service contracts and individual contracts for educators.
A driving licence would be very useful for educators travelling to locations away from the city.
Applicants who meet the job description will be considered for this position without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.
Interested? Please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com by 27 May.
May 11, 2022